Pages

August 16, 2011

Ahmedabad........Apanu Amdavad!

Well, after a long time I felt I should write something about my home-town AHMEDABAD…

Well, obviously I won’t be writing about Modi and development stuff!! But it will be personal J

·         I came from Kalupur railway station to the most posh area of the city in an auto driven by a Muslim guy without any tension at 5 am. The area we passed through was first muslim and then hindu dominant areas.
·         After years I could enjoy Ahmedabad non-stop rains!
·         After months I heard my favorite RJ on Mirchi..
·         I visited malls and shops like I had seen in south Mumbai!
·         I am scared it will become another Mumbai in some time in terms of traffic.
·         After years I found my city green!
·         As usual I stared my school from one gate to the another gate with a spark in my eyes! I have spent 2+12 years there!
·         I enjoyed the famous Dalvada and makai in Ahmedabad rains!
·         Ahmedabad means Amdavad to me and that implies my sweet home!
·         My sweet home is where my Mumma is ..and so where Puranpoli is J
·         I met my childhood friends ..friends since 20 years!! Not 1 or 2… They are 20 to 25!!
·         Ahmedabad means shopping!!! But this time holidays somewhat ruined my hobby!
·         Ahmedabad means Navaratri!! People are charging up from Aug only!!! Just wow!
·         Felt connected to Gujarati Sugam sangeet once again!
·         For the first time I went to CCD in ahmedabad!! ( There are some 15-20 outlets in the city but somehow never visited!)
·         Purchased Gujarati novels (Thriller!) and read it to. (Thanks to my Dadi I never had to purchase classic Gujarati literature! )
·         I had the privilege to listen to Sitar played by PAPA! I slept off somehow while listening!!

No comments:

Post a Comment