Pages

June 25, 2012

The space

Disclaimer: Semi fiction!! :)

She was holding the door of the cupboard. Clothes were kept properly and a part of the cupboard was messed up. A box full of her accessories was lying in front of her eyes. Earings, anklets,lockets,watches and what not. She loved them all. The box was her treasure. Her hands automatically moved towards the box and she opened it.

She could feel the purple earings she had put on her last birthday, people loved it. Beside the pair, there was a multi-colored pair too-how can she forget, it was her buy with the best friend. They both had bought the same pair. Anklets just lying beside were adorable and she thought she was just pure lucky to get the pretty bunch as a gift from her buddies. The bracelet given by her aunt and the pair of earings purchased by her mom, to wear with the pretty pink frock on her fourth  birthday- Twenty years almost-made her smile! 

Her hand was just splitting up all her accessories into groups.The whole act was controlled by her subconscious mind. Her mind along with the heart was wandering in the past-the past at her home town and other cities she love.Her family, friends, gifts, birthdays everything came up one by one. The picture in her mind blurred, with tears. Suddenly she found one white bits-shell necklace. Tears disappeared and the eyes got wider and red.

It is the time she thought. She picked it up, the one time lovely white necklace which she couldn't wear even once. She held a part of it tight and walked towards the dustbin.

She threw it off, with the calm mind got back to the cupboard.

She realized , she had just shift deleted a file from her memory.

Re-booting,she did a few months back worked again and everything was same and smooth, with a little bit more space to craft memories!

4 comments:

  1. Bubblegum,

    One needs to let past be past and live in present which will take care of future. Fond memories are good but NO to painful ones.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things associated with one's earlier phases of life carry fond memories. I have preserved many items used by Daughters I and II, including the same stainless steel feeding bottle which was used by both of them and the original telegram from my father-in-law informing me about the birth of Daughter I and the first toy used by her. Other tit bits belonging to them have been preserved in two separate small steel boxes specially made for the purpose. They travel down the memory lane when they visit us and see these memorabilia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I have all my text books, right from KG to 12th at my place!! :) I feel attached to them!More than me, my parents love all those tiny things I used, even small notes I used to make as a kid on my cup board!! :)

      Delete
  3. Items associated with one's earlier phases bring back sweet memories. I have preserved many items used by Daughters I and II during their infancy and childhood. These include the stainless steel feeding bottle which was used by both of them, the original telegram from my father-in-law informing me birth of Daughter I and her first toy. The titbits are preserved in two separate steel boxes especially got made for the purpose.They enjoy traveling down the memory lane when they visit us.

    ReplyDelete