Pages

February 29, 2016

The Sunday #2

Which extended till Monday Morning.. :) Okay, let me start from the beginning of this weekend.

Of course, the last wedding of the season was to be attended and I am glad it happened because it served as a platform to meet my Bro Buddies as I call them. One imported himself from Delhi and the other from Goa. It sounds exotic but the reception was too tiny a period to meet them. While the Bro buddy-2 from Goa got himself rid of us the very night while the other promised to meet again. Like really meeting meeting, if you understand the sentiment.

The Sunday started with a comfortable late morning and a get together at relative's place. Mr.ISB's cousin and family are fun people to hang out with and which made the Sunday noon really bright. I have my own cousins but as the only elder sister I have, has decided to be in US of A forever and so I hardly have any one from my side to look up to for guidance or even for the help which my kiddo cousins can not provide. This cousin of Mr.ISB along with her husband give us high goals for our personal and professional lives anyway. They are the ones whom we do not meet or talk to every day, but are a call away.

With our failed attempts to meet Bro-Buddy in the evening, we decided to meet up some other friends in Bandra and thank God, I tagged along. Yes, there is a story behind this statement.I have got this uncanny feeling of not having my own friends in the city now a days which really rips my heart apart every time I see people of my age roaming around in their own groups comfortably without trying to get into an already formed groups consciously - even when these groups are brilliant in gelling up. My old Mumbai friends are now working in other cities just like my Pune buddies and Singapore buddies. My Amdavadi friends are either in Ahmedabad or in USA, Frock Buddy N is in Delhi- the situation gives me new type of crisis in my 'almost' thirties - Making new best friends. This Sunday I fought with this depressing feeling and joined Mr.ISB's school friends who try their best to make me comfortable. I knew once I would meet them I won't feel awkward as I have already met them for numbers of times and have enjoyed a lot too, but damn that feeling of not having my own friends in the city continues to kill me.

So, to please myself with the antidote of the feeling I mentioned,  I did a selfish thing. I asked Mr.ISB to not to join us - Me and Bro-buddy 1 who had promised me to meet on Monday Morning which made my Sunday a bit longer. Mr.ISB being supportive and understanding like always asked me to go ahead, so that I can get into the illusion of meeting my own friends in the town. Mr.ISB and this Bro Buddy of mine are very good friends before I met any of them! I am feeling guilty about the whole set up now!! *Sobbing*  Oh I digressed. So Monday morning started early with an awesome south Indian breakfast with Bro-Buddy 1 and a chit chat session of two hours. (Amazed, how I can actually take time out in the morning to do what I want to do! :D )

If I conclude,my weekend was high on social life. May be, this is how I can enjoy my life in Mumbai which otherwise is way too hectic to meet people!

How was your Sunday??

No comments:

Post a Comment